Before you play the Geneforge 1 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Mechanics is a very important skill, not only for lockpicking and handling devices but also for disarming explosives and traps. Some investment (5+) in Leadership also makes things smoother, and a bit of Luck helps too.
- If playing a Shaper, Intelligence is incredibly useful and likely where you’ll want to invest the majority (and later all) of your skill points into.
- Having 10 or more AP lets you act twice per turn, making Haste effects quite valuable.
- Casting a buff spell like Haste multiple times also multiplies its duration, though not its effect.
- While creations can be leveled up, it’s often more efficient to just absorb them and make new ones as your Shaping skills improve. Make sure to give all creations at least 2 Intelligence upon their creation.
- Items dropped on the ground or placed in a container will remain there forever, so you can make a stash near the entrance of whichever town you like to use for resting.
- Going into combat mode lets you cover terrain “faster”, helpful for example when crossing damage tiles or when dealing with the few locations that have respawning enemies.