Before you play the Golden Krone Hotel game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Standard roguelike advice makes your life easier here as well. Be cautious, carefully go over your options, don’t be afraid to use your limited resources, avoid getting surrounded and know when to retreat or avoid fights entirely.
- It’s impossible to identify all potions without experimenting, so don’t be too scared to drink stuff to figure out what it does. Focus your limited identifications on potions with potentially very good or bad effects, and remember that figuring out two potential effects of a potion automatically identifies potions with the third effect as well.
- The special named branches you come across are generally harder than the main path and are best left until late in a run unless you know what you’re doing. Many branches’ difficulty varies a lot depending on whether you’re human or vampire, or even time of day. Defeating and acquiring the rings of at least 4 branch bosses is required to access the final floor.
- Use the map to locate things easily, especially items (marked green dots). Pressing ‘I’ opens a rough overall map which shows which floors lead to which branches.
- If you’re about to die to a vampire enemy as a human or vice versa, check if you can make them friendly by transforming yourself to the same type as them.
- Vampires can’t cast normal spells, so if you intend to spend a considerable amount as one you can usually neglect Intelligence during level ups.
- Vampires rely heavily on blood puddles to keep their health up, so be careful when fighting things that don’t bleed and aggressively go after puddles as they vanish after a few turns.
- The beam fired by the spell ‘Focus’ depends on what kind of light you’re standing in – normal light makes moonlight, moonlight makes sunlight, and sunlight makes fire.