Before you play the Grim Dawn game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- If you wanna wreck shit fast, pick a skill and level it up a bunch instead of spreading your points out.
- Armor in Grim Dawn is location-based. Whenever an enemy attacks you with a physical attack or skill, an area on your body will be randomly selected to take the hit. What this means is that upgrading your equipment is equally important across all armor slots. Wearing low level leg armor can be tempting if it provides you with beneficial stats, but it can also spell your doom if a particularly strong attack lands on your legs.
- Constitution helps you automatically heal outside combat… to a point. The easiest way to restore constitution is to pick up rations, level up, or die.
- You can earn up to 50 Devotion Points throughout Grim Dawn’s 3 Difficulty Modes in the base game.
- If you have an item that gives you an active skill, you’ll need to set that on your hotbar to use it.
- You can add components to any (eligible) piece of equipment, and if you add a partial component to an item, you can add other component parts later and complete it on your item, so you don’t have to worry about finishing a component first.
- The only thing the DLCs change to start with is which classes are available for you to choose from. Ashes of Malmouth extends the endgame. Forgotten Gods is a side campaign. If you want build advice or stuff like that, you are better off checking the Grim Dawn forums.
- Grim Tools is a very useful set of tools if you want to get deep into the game.
Recommended for You
- Grim Dawn – How to Unlock Elite/Ultimate Difficulty (Without Playing Through Normal)
- Grim Dawn – The Acid Dervish Build (Invincible Dance of Blades)
- Grim Dawn – Deceiver (Resistance Shred Caster)
- Grim Dawn – How to Start New Games at Level 15+
- Grim Dawn – Beginner’s Guide (to All Skills and for All Classes)