Before you play the Griftlands game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You have two decks of cards. One is for negotiation, the other is for combat. It can be tempting to neglect one in favor of the other, but you level up cards (and get new ones) by using each deck so you want to use both approaches fairly evenly. Getting to the end of a run with a rarely-used combat deck will result in you having to start over.
- Pick a focus for your deck. Are you all about Diplomacy or Intimidation? Do you stack Bleeds on your foes, or unload massive Combo strings on them? You can’t plan for everything, but you want to do at least one thing really well and acquire cards that play to your strengths.
- The characters in Griftlands all play very differently, often using different mechanics for similar actions. Sal fights differently from Rook, for example. So don’t assume that you’ll be using the same cards in every story.
- The more you play, the more new cards you will unlock for each character. Try shaking up your deck with new options as they become available.
- Put in the effort to make friends. Making enemies will take care of itself.