Before you Play the Outer Wilds game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You don’t unlock the ability to save the game until about half an hour in. Try not to die in that time!
- You should do every tutorial in the starting village, it’ll save you a lot of frustration down the line.
- If you’re stuck, consider pursuing one of your other leads. Some things are not meant to be solved the first time you see them.
- It’s sometimes possible to reach a hard-to-get area if you’re extremely good at piloting the ship/jetpack. However, you never need to do this; there’s always an easy way, you just haven’t learned about it yet.
- The computer in the back of your ship has two ways of disPlaying dаta: map mode and rumour mode. Make sure to look at rumour mode from time to time, it’s really good!
- After a few loops have passed, you automatically gain the ability to fast-forward time by “Dozing off” at any campfire.
- You can also unlock the convenient ability to immediately end the current loop and move on to the next by talking to the astronaut on Giant’s Deep twice on separate loops.
- On PC, Shadow Quality is a major resource hog compared to the other graphical settings and lowering it is a good place to start if one is having framerate issues.