Before you Play the RAGE 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Levelling Dr. Kvasir’s quest-line up to level 7 will unlock a vehicle that makes getting around the map easier. You might want to focus on this if you don’t enjoy the “getting around the map” part.
- The PC controls for using the powers are a bit fiddly – in the options you can bind each of the four powers to an “instant cast” key, which lets you skip the “Hold down ctrl and then press another key” business.
- Most of the content of the game consists of the activities spread around the map. Don’t rush the missions given to you by the main cast. Only do the first ones, so you gain access to their specific upgrades (called “projects”).
- Doing blue activities (finding arks, ark chests, datapads, ranger echoes, etc) until you are level 7 with Dr. Kvasir will unlock a flying vehicle. This makes getting around the map easier.
- There are upgrades which show you the proximity of pink chests and data pads, which can be useful if you’re getting annoyed at finding collectibles in bases.
- Your most important power is Focus. Focus allow you to see through walls and spot enemies, collectibles, fuel containers and mutant pods. Be sure to upgrade its scanning range.
- The assault rifle and shotgun will be your main weapons during the entire game, as you’ll constantly get ammo for them.
- Shooting wooden crates is easier than meleeing them, which often needs to be done more than once.
- Make sure to use Overdrive often – it recharges very quickly in a fight.
- You repair your main car by standing at the front, where there’s a control panel that opens up, and using Focus.