Before you Play the Runespell: Overture game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You have to buy charges of anything that doesn't have an infinity symbol next to it; buy charges in town by trading with the merchant using silver.
- Pay attention to your opponent's abilities! Even in the early game, their abilities are a bit ridiculous (35 RP to do 20-24 ice damage a half-dozen times with zero cooldown!) and if you have any RP-denial abilities they are extremely useful.
- Always be on the offensive. Remember, the difference between four of a kind and five is just 2 damage points, but sitting on a stack of four for a few rounds waiting for that fifth really affects your flexibility.
- Don't use drag-and-drop controls, they are finicky as hell and it's really easy to accidentally drop a card on the wrong stack.
- Don't create a waste stack; if it doesn't match a poker hand it'll Fumble and require you to either let it take up space or take 10 damage to clear it.
- Full houses are your friend. Pretty simple to put together and 15 is one of the higher-end damage options.
- Try not to chase straight/royal flushes. They take forever and the AI is really good about denying you the cards you need to make them. Furthermore, if you decide to abandon the pursuit of the big-damage option, the only thing you can turn them into is a regular straight or regular flush, and those are far weaker.
- If you're after 100% achievements, use a guide. The only way to get some of the achievements (fight every battle is one of the major ones) is in one runthrough; having to go through the entire game again because you missed one card, or one battle, is a nightmare.