Before you Play the Ultima VIII: Pagan game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You can grind stats: to train strength/dexterity, just attack empty air; to train intelligence, take the shortest book ("Rhian") and read it over and over.
- Basic keyboard controls (running, combat mode) are mandatory; forgot the exact keys but holy shit don't play this game mouse-only.
- The keyring is one of the best items in the game, it's in one of the Tenebrae guardhouses IIRC.
- Grab Devon's bedroll at the beginning.
- Remember to activate the teleport pad, once you get the option to teleport around you'll probably want to return that way and not take the longer route.
- Like in U7, pixel hunting/moving random items is a good way to find secret/hidden items/keys/levers.
- Inventory management is key, store different common types of items in separate sacks.
- I assume you have the manual with reagents/recipes for particular spells (if not, download one). Print it out.
- Remember your freedom of movement, sometimes you can get into a house through a roof/terrace when main doors are locked.