Before you Play the Warhammer: Vermintide 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Stay with the team and don’t run off and be a hero.
- Hit your ping key (T by default but can be rebound to somewhere more convenient) all the time to call out and mark specials, bosses, and items for teammates. If someone’s playing Captain as Saltzpyre, tagged enemies will take more damage.
- Don’t forget about using your career skills.
- To keep your teammates highlighted at all times, change the visual setting for it from ‘On’ to ‘On (Always)’.
- You and your team need to balance the ability to take out hordes, armored/tough enemies, and specials (bosses too, but less important) with your weapon loadouts, so try to avoid a loadout where everyone has just high damage single target weapons or just close range weapons, for example.
- Use chokepoints to funnel hordes and make them more manageable; open areas are generally a bad place to fight in.
- There are no melee only (except maybe the Slayer class, though he can jump directly into trouble) or ranged only characters; use both, frequently.
- Blocking is critical and covers 360 degrees, though enemies hitting you from behind or the sides will drain more stamina. You can also block while reviving someone.
- Avoiding damage is key; mix in pushes with your attacks to keep from getting hit. If somebody is blocking for the team, remember that you may need to help them out by taking over blocking or doing immediate cleanup if they need to recharge their stamina.
- A good practice to get into is to save health potions and healing supplies for when you’re in white health (you died and someone revived you) as on higher difficulties you have limited revives, and using a healing item to get back into green health resets them.
- Strength potions affect all damage you do, including ranged attacks and bombs.
- Bosses: You can block or dodge most of their attacks, and they only focus on one person at a time. Keep this in mind and either focus on evading or attacking and position yourself accordingly.
- If you see a green tornado starting to form, you might be able to spot a brief line of particles connecting to the Blighstormer to help you locate it quickly.
- Most levels have 3 tomes and 2 grimoires, both of which increase the quality of your loot after finishing the map. Tomes take up your health slot, but can be dropped to pick up health and picked back up. Grimoires will turn to dust if you drop them or if you die, and they reduce everybody’s maximum hit points by a third, less if you’re carrying a curse resist trinket.
- Blowing yourself up from an overheat is a down, not necessarily a death, and may be a very good option if you’re getting beat down by a horde
- If you’re using an Overheat weapon (all of Sienna’s ranged weapons and some of Bardin’s), you can vent your heat with R for free under the first threshold. If it’s over the first threshold (bar turns orange), it costs HP to vent heat.
- The active skills for Sienna’s Pyromancer class and Kerillian’s Waystalker class excel at deleting special enemies. If a teammate calls one out or you see one, fire it off.
- Sienna’s staves are a sort of gradient from most to least melee focused by nature of how fast they generate heat. A Beam staff basically makes you a traditional wizard and, with good heat management, you barely have to use your melee at all. A Conflagration staff essentially makes you a melee character until you hear the horde bell when you can explode them all at once.
Recommended for You
- None Found