Controller Issues & Common methods to solve them.
Guide to Issues Troubleshooting
Gamepad not working? Incorrect button prompts?
Try the following:
Disable Steam Input
- Close TopplePOP
- Rightclick TopplePOP in your steam library
- Go to Properties > Controller
- Disable Steam Input
Does this fix your issue? If not:
Use a Steam Input Config
- Run TopplePOP in Steam Big Picture Mode.
- Press Shift-Tab to open the Steam Overlay
- Go to Controller Settings
- Specify which controller and try a recommended config or make your own.
This should fix any remaining issues. But, if not:
Check for plugin/driver conflicts
Try to find out if your PC is running plugins or special drivers for any non-standard controllers (eg: flight sticks or console gamepad emulation) and disable them.
Still not working?
Compare with a different controller
For comparison try an entirely different controller (eg: Xbox/ Playstation) and see if that works as expected – it may help narrow down where the problem is occurring.
Some players with gamepads (PS4, 8bitdo, Switch + others) have encountered issues trying to play TopplePOP. Issues range from buttons not working or performing incorrect actions to thumbsticks controlling the mouse-cursor.