Before you Play the Yakuza Kiwami game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- As the gameplay is largely identical to Yakuza 0, the combat tips from that page apply here as well.
- At least on PC, there's an infrequent bug where saving the game doesn't "stick". Make sure the "Save Complete" message pops up in the bottom right when saving.
- In the brief section where you're following Shinji in Chapter 3, don't miss the weapons merchant on the stairs as he sells some useful supplies.
- The game teaches you about Kiwami heat moves in the tutorial, used to stop bosses from regenerating health. You need to unlock these. They're labeled Essence of Extreme Beast/Brawler/Rush below the center on the Soul board. It's worth making these a priority and carrying Heat-increasing consumables to use them immediately when needed. Any Heat Action does the trick though, such as from a held weapon or object.
- If you don't care about powering up the Dragon style and don't like the constant Majima encounters, you can stop him from appearing simply by not heading for the next event (marked green on your map) once you've filled the Majima Everywhere bar.