Before you Play the Yakuza Kiwami 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You can draw fights into stores and wreck up the place, which is pretty fun, but then the store will be mad at you for a bit and you won't be able to use it. Luckily it doesn't last long.
- Leveling up is different now, there's a bunch of different kinds of XP and you can gain a decent amount from eating food, but you won't gain anything if your stomach is full.
- There are upgrades to increase the capacity of your stomach (hint, hint).
- There's also items to increase digestion, all of this is handy if you're just short of getting a new skill or upgrade that you want.
- You can pocket weapons you pick up but only during a fight, after it's over they'll still be there on the ground but you won't be able to get them
- While regular inventory stacks and scrolls forever the weapons and gear don't, so be mindful of that and don't like pick up every crumby knife you find.
- There's a lot of Heat moves and skills that seem like they unlock from completing a substory but it's just unlocking the ability to buy it.
- There are random encounter bosses, after you beat them you can come back to where they were and talk to them and most of them will join Majima Construction once that's available.
- Once you have been to both maps you can move back and forth freely via taxi. You dont need to wait for the story to move you.
- When a substory calls for you to fight someone in the arena you can find them by going into a tournament and seeing what fighting styles you will be up against. If theirs isnt there then back out and try again. I found them in a 3 or 4 star tournament, but it seems to be at least semi random.