Before you Play the Yakuza: Like a Dragon game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Ichiban falling in battle is an instant game over, so make his survivability your number one priority.
- Make sure to interact with each taxi to add it to your list of fast travel locations.
- Gear makes a huge difference, especially early on where just buying shoes greatly reduces the damage you take. Note that you can’t enter the second dungeon without Ichiban wearing armor on his head, body, and feet in case you plan on an early spending spree.
- The Job change system is unlocked in Chapter 4, after which swapping Jobs is done by physically visiting Hello Work and talking with Ririka (not the director). Once available, it’s a good idea to make Ichiban a Foreman to unlock a convenient map traversal skill.
- Chapter 5 is when you’ve unlocked most relevant things like Job change and the major side activities, making it a good time to focus more on side content.
- Bond XP with your party members is eventually locked until you progress their Drink Links at the Survive Bar, something worth doing whenever you hit a lock.
- Every Job has at least two “character skills” which have a red icon even before they’re unlocked. Once unlocked, the character can use that skill with any Job.
- Most area attacks like Pyro Breath work best when set as a shortcut and used right at the start of an encounter, when enemies tend to be close together. Afterwards hitting multiple enemies relies mostly on things like them lining up for Adachi’s Reckless Charge targeting whoever’s the furthest back.
- Special combo meals in restaurants can give perks. The easiest method to find them out is ordering one of everything in the given restaurant.
- Even if you don’t care for the management minigame, be sure to play it through the first milestone to unlock the 5th party member.
- In the managment minigame, Tome Kamataki (the un-fireable grandma) can run a fully upgraded Ichiban Confections by herself around level 20.