Before you Play the Company of Heroes game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The game is very specific on what does what. For example: one good sniper will wreck an entrenched .88 or mortar team. Keep him camouflaged and you can wreak havoc.
- The game is not like other RTS in that you usually can’t build just a bunch of one unit and have them steam roll an opponent. Even if you roll out with all of the biggest baddest tanks, a few AT guns and Bazooka/Panzerschrek infantry will tear it apart.
- Use units as they are meant to be used. Infantry need to flank positions, tanks need to suppress infantry, and AT guns/Machine guns need to be set at choke points with intersecting fields of fire
- Veterancy means quite a bit. It can be the difference between being wiped out and getting that last AT shot off.
- Engineers are crucial. If you find yourself in a tough spot, use them to mine areas and build tank traps. They can swing a battle!