Before you Play the Crusader Kings game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- There is no reason not to get the Deus Vult expansion.
- England in 1066 is a good beginner nation because it's fairly wealthy and you don't have any distant possesions to worry about. However, a lot of your vassals hate William de Normandie and will declare war on you within a few years. Take their land and give it to your relatives, but remember not let your reputation get too bad.
- Feudal contract law is excellent becuase it causes an event that gives you free prestige and it triggers fairly often. As large kingdom with feudal contract I usually have more prestige than I know what to do with.
- If you want a somewhat playable game as a count, the province of Dauphine Viennoise in southern France starts off with a huge tax base. You can try using the huge armies that province spawns to create your own kingdom in North Africa.
- Unless you're based in the mediterranean, going after crusade targets is more trouble than it's worth.
- Don't worry about the composition of your armies. The bigger mob always wins.
- Build royal posts. They will help if you have a large desmesne and a king with low intrigue.
- Try playing as a medium power duke somewhere at first, like maybe Apulia or Flanders. (I like Apulia). If you want to play as a kingdom, Sweden is pretty simple.