Before you Play the La-Mulana 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Despite being a sequel, the start of the game is way more newbie-friendly than La-Mulana 1. You can’t leave the Roots of Yggdrasil until you’ve nearly exhausted the zone, for instance, and it’s nearly impossible to miss the Holy Grail (the fast-travel item).
- After you first enter Eg-Lana, the merchant in the Gate of Guidance (nearby the Grail chest) starts selling items, including one that reveals boss/room guardian health. It’s super useful, but it’s also quite expensive at $100.
- Activating boss Ankhs in this one auto-saves, so you don’t need to be too worried about running back to heal and save before checking out the fight.
- Auto-saves (from walking in front of a Grail tablet or from activating a boss) persist for only your current session. Don’t be me and lose two hours of progress because you assumed the auto-save had your back
- You can unequip upgrades from the menu. I think you could also do this in LM1 too, but this time, there’s a few upgrades that you don’t necessarily want on all the time.
- Spikes deal a percentage of your max health in damage and ignore invulnerability frames, so they’re going to be deadly throughout the whole game. They’re generally positioned over trap doors, but also over the edge of offscreen ledges you might be tempted to just walk off of if you want to go downward. Be vigilant!
- Also if you read a tablet that says don’t read it again you probably shouldn’t read it again.