Guide to Thief Class
Before you attack me, let me explain; every class on authentic difficulty is good, but some stand out on cataclysm.
In my opinion, the thief is at the top with, pass without a trance, haste, invisibility, levitation, flame strike, fly, revivify, and raise dead as bonus actions.
These are just the skills sold at shops; as magic items or potions, the key to this build is recharge at dawn. Any item with the keyword recharge becomes a bonus action with a thief on top of poisons, potions, and arrows.
Then there is a sneak attack as your main action, or you can use a potion to pick up one down party member, then fast hands a potion to pick up another.
Finally, evasion on top of your crown buffs and high charisma means your passing every check you need. Play what you love but understand that thief is overpowered.
- Sylvan elf.
- Spy for poisoner.
- Dex, Cha, and Con in that order.
- Charisma score 13 or higher
- Intimidation, Persuasion, Acrobatics, and Insight.
- Thieves Tools and Persuasion.
- Sell Rapier and pick Explorers pack.
- Uncanny Accuracy and Manipulator.
- Hide from everything, even if it means not attacking for a turn; always attack one target at a time and help your teammates.
- Boots of levitation are a game-changer, go to the center of the map and get into the air with an elemental bow.
- Note boots are bugged always use attack before levitation or you lose main action.
- Cloak of arachnida’s pass without a trace and summon 4 minor elements (Wizard) summon beast 2 (Ranger) is powerful so long as your team stays hidden and at range.
- When you have too much money, buy every potion and craft arrows with paralyzing and restraining no need for any stealth gear full kit of recharge items.