Before you Play the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The EP ability “Chronostasis” is by far the more useful of the lot. Keeping it going can seriously extend the time you have to run around and do sidequests.
- The easiest way to refill EP is to fight a single big thing (like a Behemoth, once you can take them on), or fighting in the Chaos-fog. A single big thing can give 4EP, wheras normal mobs usually give a fraction of an EP. Chaos fog doubles that.
- Practice blocking. It’s a good idea to always have a block skill on all your outfits, until your options expand a bit (that is, you find/buy better outfits).
- Your best source of powering up early is to find a better outfits. Always check vendors. Later synthesizing your abilities starts paying off, but not for the first few days.
- The main quests will easily give you a full extra day each, so if you are running short on time, don’t be afraid to skip a few sidequests to complete one of them. The extra time you gain should be enough to catch up the next day.
- The game is pretty much designed to be played through on Easy the first time, and using Normal and Hard as the “New Game+” option.
- Pay attention to ambient dialogue. It usually includes hints about side quests that may only appear at certain times.
- If you get a Game Over by running out of days, you still unlock the option to start a New Game+, retaining most of your things (except quest progress and key items.). If you do manage to defeat the final boss though, you also unlock the ability to play on Hard.
Recommended for You
- None Found