Before you Play the Live A Live game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The battles are supposed to be easy. This game is more about story than fighting.
- In Masaru's chapter, each fighter has two skills. To get Masaru as powerful as possible, your objective is to goad each fighter into hitting him at least once with each skill, then kicking their asses. For the most part, just fight normally. Since you'll probably be using an emulator, don't be afraid to save-whore if the fight comes and goes and you don't get two skills.
- First and foremost, don't use healing items unless you absolutely need to. They pile up for the final chapter and you WILL need them for the final boss.
- Mecha chapter: There's an easy-to-overlook door in the back of the first floor of the junk shop. Also, you can't start the mech the first time you enter it.
- Caveman chapter: There's a spot near the end where there are three caves which when entered spawn an endless amount of weak enemy cavemen. Try to enter each cave once so the caveman flood starts and then go talk to your secondary character in the room between the caves to advance the story. Once he's back in your party the cave on the right will stop spawning cavemen and become enterable.
- Kung-Fu chapter: The protagonist in has a move that can paralyze anything in the entire chapter with a 100% success rate. Use it to stomp all over everything. When you get to a point where you have to choose between 3 characters repeatedly pick your favorite one and choose him over and over until the story advances.
- Chapter unlocked after all the initial chapters are clear: Don't open any of the chests or pick up any of the many obvious healing items in the area. Trust me.
- You get all health back at the end of every single battle, so go balls to the wall in every battle.
- You pay for powerful attacks in wait time, not MP or anything, so don't think the most powerful attack is always the best. This is even more true than you think because you can't actually see the ATB progress onscreen.
- In Cube's chapter, stay away from the fucking behemoth. There's not even an unfair battle. Touching it is a death sentence.
- In Sundown's chapter, the fastest trap setters are the sheriff and Annie. The slowest is Billy.
- Sundown is the best character to pick for the Final Chapter, just because he's a pain in the ass to recruit if you don't pick him.