Before you play the Luigi's Mansion 3 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Use the Burst move (ZR + ZL) to look for items you can interact with in the world. If it moves when you Burst, start suckin'/blowin'.
- Use the R and L buttons for your flashlight and suction cup instead of A and Y like the in-game tutorial teaches you. This will let you aim with the right thumbstick while using those tools.
- The game lets you slam around ghosts that are being vacuumed. These slams will also hurt any other ghosts you hit with it, so it's easy to clear a crowded room now.
- The butt blast thing that knocks Luigi in the air has a few uses besides just making space that make it worth remembering. There's one enemy that grabs you that can be knocked off with it and another that it'll knock off their protection.
- Critters can be vacuumed up, but also taken out by blasting them with the flashlight. The latter is a bit faster and there's an early puzzle with a mouse that's inexplicably immune to the vacuum where you'll need to use the flashlight.
- Any secrets I've seen so far are just neat little things full of more money, so if you don't think you need any, there's no reason to waste your time looking for any that you difficulties finding. Some of them are gems, but gems do basically nothing but give you a cosmetic upgrade if you collect all of them on every floor.