Before you play the Hammerfight game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The strongest weapons in the game when you're fighting a shielded enemy (and pretty much anything else) is a good flail. The chains mean they can build up a lot more velocity when you whip them around compared to a mace or sword. Stun enemies against a wall, then pound on their shields to break them off for you to pick up.
- Guns are pretty worthless, but for the most part, they're pretty lightweight and good against beasts, so you could try joining them to a weapon if you're so inclined.
- There's no New Game+, so all the sweet weapons you collect during story mode are only good for arena, but the modes you unlock in the different story paths are accessible for any new saves you start, so you can put your brand new guy in the arena to get some decent weapons.
- Hotkey at least one shield, so when you hit that button, all your shields will attempt to cover as much of your vehicle as possible. Five is pretty much complete coverage.
- For some blades, you'll want to right click to make sure the edged part is hitting the opponent.
- You unlock an armory eventually that'll let you change your ship's loadout. You can access this from the main menu as well, so you can change equipment between missions that normally wouldn't allow it.
- Glory and fame are pretty much for show. The more titles you get, the bigger and more ornate banners you'll carry.