Before you play the Hard West game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- This is not Xcom. The single most important mechanic to master is flanking; 99% of the time you want your team split and approaching the enemy from different angles, ideally multiple ones. That being said, they should not be so far apart they cannot support each other in case of emergency; you’ll get the hang of the movement distances and so on eventually. Just spread your guys out.
- Most of the weapons are pretty interchangeable; you generally want to go for either the things with biggest damage (rifles/shotguns) or ammo capacity (pistols).
- The campaign is episodic, you’ll be switching characters a lot. That being said, there’s no leveling up and customization is done by reusable cards so it is not an issue.
- Demons are bad news and you definitely want to focus fire them ASAP.
- The game’s “Luck” system is not, in fact, luck-based at all. Luck is a meter, as long as you have some, you will dodge bullets and detract from the meter. Once it runs out, you take damage and the meter starts anew. Managing this is key for surviving longer missions.
- Don’t fret too much over the CYOA segments, even if you mess up badly, the missions are still winnable given some strategy; even a wounded unit can dish out plenty of pain.
- Ricochet is the single best ability in the game because it lets you bounce shots so they can hit enemies from sides and behind. It bears repeating, this game is all about cover.