Before you play the Harvest Moon: Back to Nature game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Print out the birthdays for the villagers and their favorite gifts. You can find out this information ingame but it’s only through events or dialogue.
- Don’t just toss items on the ground. This counts as garbage. Make sure you put weeds and such into the bin.
- Your first year is going to suck when it comes to festivals.
- Upgrade your ax, watering can, and hammer.
- Don’t leave animals outside in the rain. Don’t leave your puppy outside until he’s grown.
- If I recall, your crops can be watered twice a day.
- Try to ship 100 of each crop for each season – this unlocks special crops.
- Get a basket ASAP.
- Take the basket with you when mining in the mining cave so you can cram lots of valuable ores in to sell; this is the best/only way to make any meaningful cash in winter.
- Chop lumber like a motherfucker; you’ll need it for house upgrades; can’t get married without house upgrades.
- Buy all the cooking utensils for sale on TV.
- Do not get exhausted while mining and lose your basket. Seriously stop at the point you literally fall over from exhaustion, but before you fall over and can’t get back up.