Before you play the Hearts of Iron IV game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Adding artillery to infantry divisions gives them a lot of punch for the cost. Even a support artillery group is good for offence.
- Wait with unpausing for the first time and get an overview of what you have, set up armies etc.
- Look through the tooltips of the National Focus tree. Many of them kinda give you a few roadmaps for directions you could go in.
- The big players normally benefit from building up for the first few years. Almost all start with some handicap that is worth trying to overcome. F.inst Britain can't use motorized.
- Play with Historical Decisions on for the first game. It means the AI is a bit more predictable, rather than WW2 breaking out because Romania invaded Italy or some random factor.
- You should not try to research everything. Prioritize stuff you need for whatever plans you have. Better to be good at a few things than average at everything.