Some basic info first and advanced tips later.
Tips to Make Effective Loadout
- Fill in all 4 active skills. You level up much slower if you do not have all 4 and get less starting skill points.
- Unlock and use double size power modules. They give 40 power for 2 slots instead of 30 that two small modules would give which is 33% increase. Every single build for every single class will benefit from using those.
- Take melee strike skill. It’s an amazing skill that saves you a lot of ammo and can get you extra burst damage on very short CD. It also costs almost nothing energy and slot wise.
- Take at least one life support module. It increases your survivability by a ton and give you extra long term sustain. It’s much better than increasing kinetic res with plates in almost every case. Again the double size module is better than the small one
- Take kinetic res modules. Life support will be better in most cases.
- Use GAR as primary. It’s a just not a good weapon with mediocre stats. (SGAR is very good weapon though)
- Have too much spare suit power. Yes the extra increases your energy regen a bit but it’s mostly a waste. It can’t be helped if you have a bit spare but try to use as much of it for modules as you can.
- Hit your teammates with explosives. Friendly fire is very brutal in this game and most explosives can
- One shot even the tankiest executors. The amount of teamkilling with explosives in this game is very high. Do your best to lower this statistic.
- Get close to big monsters. They’re often taken out with explosives so you’re either gonna die from friendly fire or prevent the team from unloading their full firepower to avoid killing you. Do your best to get away from big monsters and big clusters ASAP.
Here is a rough weapon stats table that I made. It’s unfinished and I’ll maybe update it sometime but it can give you some basic info even in the current state. Do note that aiming weapons manually gives them extra 15% critical chance after 4 seconds. Do try to utilize that whenever you can and don’t be lazy and rely on overwatch all the time. Overwatch also reserves energy.
You’ll start with 3 ability points and get to level 9-13 for a total of 12-16 points to spend among your 4 active abilities. Abilities can be classified into few groups.
- High energy use (short cooldown ones even if the cost is cheap).
- Low energy use (generally high cooldown ones).
Be sure to diversify there and don’t take all high cost abilities since you won’t have enough to use them all.
Another way to classiffy them is:
- Good with just single point investment and doesn’t scale very well.
- Needs to be maxed out to really shine and not very useful at 1 point.
- Good all the way from 1 point to 5.
- Trash ability that’s just bad almost all the time.
Again diversify here and be sure to have at least 1 ability that is useful with just 1 point investment since you can’t max all of them. Preferably 2.
Also remember that you can reallocate the points between abilities at the cost of some energy. Be sure to utilize it to get the most out of your abilities. For example if you have secondary ammo generation ability you can put a lot of points into it at the start to build your ammo stock quicker when the waves are easy and then swap those points out later when it becomes difficult. Also you don’t have to slowly level the skills that need 5 points. Just level other skills and when you reach high enough level just take out 5 points and max out the all-in skill immediately.
Life support vs plates
- Life supportgives you 90 Hp and +1 HP/s regen with no diminishing returns.
- Plates give you 8-14% kinetic res with diminishing returns.
Even with 500 base HP + 90 HP from life support is 18% HP increase which is higher than the effective HP gain from extra kinetic res. And that’s even without counting the extra regen which will push the effective HP increase to 20-25%
Kinetic res is only good because it increases the effectiveness of other healing on you. So it only works when you have a very good medic that can give you consistent healing and organized team that can make the most of it. And you really need a ton of extra healing for kintic res to outperform life support. That’s not the case for most players so just stick with life support modules. You’ll get much better mileage from them.
Be the first to comment