Before you play the Beyond Good and Evil game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- If you try to do a dive while holding the crouch button, you do a roll instead. It helps when sneaking behind a low barrier.
- Don’t worry too much about getting all the animal pictures, though early on you get a zoom after the first roll of film. You can pad your numbers a bit by taking pictures of the furries, humans, pig-men, shark-men, etc. are different species.
- Take photos of everything you can, you need the money for upgrades to advance the game.
- When in doubt, use the disc launcher (after you get it). It’s also handy as a distraction, either by hitting a wall near an enemy or hitting their gas tank.
- I’ve never seen the AI partner get knocked out, so don’t bother sharing food with them. At worst, give them the single health regen food items, and save the full health regen (and health upgrades) stuff for yourself.
- When you get the final ship upgrade and travel elsewhere, stock up on full healing items. In fact, blow all your money on full healing items.