Guide to Fix Error: 5
So you have a problem. When you start PSO2, you see a message saying: “Downloaded the latest version of the launcher, Restarting.”. And you don’t know what to do. You (probably) click the Back button and a message shows up saying: “Cancelled startup of pso2updater.exe. The file will not be updated. Error :5” Then you don’t know what to do.
To fix this problem follow the steps:
- Open the game (do not close it!)
- Go to: -yourdisc-/Steam/steamapps/common/PHANTASYSTARONLINE_ONSTEAM
- Right click on pso2_bin folder and go to properties.
- Go to Security.
- Go to Advanced.
- Then check the Replace all authorization entries box and click Apply. Do not close the window!
- Then click back on the error window.
- Repeat step 6.
- Start the game.
Recommended for You
- Phantasy Star Online 2 – How to Import Symbol Arts from Other Versions
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis – How to Transfer Character Appearance Data to the NGS Character Creator or Any PSO2 Version
- Phantasy Star Online 2 – How to Fix Blurry Graphics and In-Game Text (High DPI Monitors)
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis – How to Fix Update for the Game File Has Been Detected Bug
- Phantasy Star Online 2 – Screenshot Mode Guide and How to Hide UI