Before you play the Brutal Legend game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Use pyrotechnics on chained dragon statues (upgrades Eddie’s stats) and the earthshaker on the orb-holding beast statues (unlocks additional backstory which will explain some plot points which are otherwise never directly addressed). I don’t recall this being explicitly mentioned anywhere in the game and a lot of people in the thread never figured out what to do with them.
- Always be on the front lines double-teaming, playing solos, or driving the Deuce. Nearly every stage battle is easier when playing offensively than it is playing defensively. Carry your rally flag with you and keep your army on you unless they’re in the process of taking a fountain.
- The final mission is probably the only exception to the last tip. Take all points, place a rally point in the center of the map such that your army will attack anything that arrives on the field, then turtle until you hit the unit cap. This is because the type and number of enemy deployments depends on how much progress you’ve made attacking the main objective rather than being bound by the game’s regular resource and teching mechanics.
- Double-team with a squad of Groupies if you see the enemy avatar. You can shoot them down surprisingly fast and at reasonably long range.
- When fighting the Drowning Doom, focus on killing their debuffing units (Brides and Organists) first. Their regular troops are better than yours when your guys have a debuff active, but are weaker under normal circumstances. Debuffs apply to you too, so the easiest way to do this is double-team with some Groupies and attack from outside the debuff radius.
- The summoning solo works differently in campaign than it does in skirmishes. Instead of being based on tech levels it’s based on whatever hunting sidequest you last completed. Always summon something when a stage battle begins, it will probably be much stronger than tier 1 units and can buy you some breathing room.
- The final solo is on a clifftop in the southern part of the eastern region. Try to find it, because it’s both extremely powerful and something you have to see at least once.
- Even if you are a thorough explorer, you will miss some of the collectibles. Instead of grabbing a guide, just finish the game. You can continue exploring after the ending and you will unlock a secondary weapon for your Deuce which will guide you to the collectibles you haven’t grabbed yet. This upgrade doesn’t have infinite range, but if you stick to the roads you’ll eventually find everything.
- While driving around you will frequently encounter your troops fighting with enemy patrols. If you help them out you’ll get some tribute as a reward.
- The PC version has a bug with the landmark viewers. After using one, most of the HUD elements will no longer show up. You’ll need to save+quit and reload your game to fix it. It’s a not a game-breaking bug, but it’s annoying.
- If you’re stuck in the geometry, try (re-)summoning the Deuce. Usually you’ll be free again.
Be the first to comment