Before you play the Bugsnax game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The Tripshot can conduct elements. Place it in water, it won't ignite on contact with a flaming Bugsnax. Set it on fire, burning tripwire for frozen Bugsnax. You actually don't even need to place it in water. Just shoot at a puddle first before using it on something else. The projectile doesn't even have to attach, just come into contact with the flame or liquid. It really expands your range.
- Generally when you get a quest asking to feed a Gromp a specific Bugsnax that can be broken down into smaller parts (eg; Big Bopsicle), any of the smaller parts are "valid" for that even if it's one like the Picantis or Snoopy Banoopy that break down into multiple regular Bugsnax rather than partial/mini versions of the original.
- For the ones that do break down, the Tripshot is your key to catching them intact outside of lucky interactions with other local Bugsnax. Rig the Tripshot so it gains the necessary element to counter them (eg; the Big Bopsicle or Paletoss Grande are frozen so stick your Tripshot in a fire or magma), and when they set it off they'll lose their protection as well as being stunned.
- You can connect the Tripshot to your Buggy Ball.
- The controls are really intuitive when you have to mix-and-match your tools. If you put your trap on the Lunchpad the controls will immediately switch to the Lunchpad, and back again to the Trap after it's launched.
- If you have to create a trail of sauce to lead a bug into a certain area then firing the slingshot as fast as you can while walking backwards will space out the puddles in a pretty good pattern to lead them from spot to spot.