Before you play the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Keep at least two save files from different areas, ideally near the end of each stage. This can be useful if you forgot to pick up a relic or get a corrupted save.
- Stage Five is somewhat infamous for inducing a game-ruining glitch when leaving the collapsing cliff houses. The game may attempt to load the previous area and will hang without fail, locking up the system and requiring it be reset. The best solution is to save either before or at the start of the barricade area. I don’t know the cause.
- Save telekinesis scrolls for use on displaced statues. Statues are usually very happy to be returned to their pedestals.
- Drop a shield into your hotbar. That’s the only way to get the game to remember you were using a shield when you switch away from and back to your melee weapon.
- The game has a lot of secrets. Explore out of the way spots as often as possible, and you’ll generally be rewarded with some neat items. On that note:
- Once you get the rope bow, use it constantly. If there’s vertical space with a wooden surface above you, there’s a fair chance it’s hiding a secret accessible with the rope.
- Kick as much as possible. The hit detection is horrible, enemies take incredible punishment if you don’t go for one of the many instakill options, and enemies just sort of do damage to you for existing near them, sometimes before their animations actually play. if you try to kill everyone by just swordfighting them to death mano a mano then you will not have a good time. If you take all the opportunities the game gives you to mess with enemies and physics them into all the conveniently-placed spiky objects, fires and cliff edges, you’ll have a very good time.
Recommended for You
- None Found