Before you play the Dead Cells game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Play with the different weapons to get a playstyle that fits how you want to complete a run.
- Learn the timing on your dodges and its cooldown.
- Shield parrying only becomes stronger and a more viable option as you continue to unlock upgrades.
- Don’t feel obligated to kill everything you see if you’re overwhelmed.
- Ideally for bosses you will want to stack toxic, bleeding, and/or fire damage since there is a damage cap to how much burst you can inflict with your melee weapon.
- With the above in-mind, traps are very good at destroying bosses.
- Build your weapons around complimenting stats from other weapons. If you can set something on fire, roll for +damage to targets on fire & +oil streaks etc,.
- Important: For multicolored items, only the higher stat applies. Allocate your stats with this in mind.
- Health Vials should be your dump option if you have no current goal in mind for unlocks.
- Enemies can drop blueprints. You must complete the level in order to keep them.
- Finishing blueprints will allow those weapons to start spawning in the world.
- Early game you should focus on unlocking a few blueprints before bothering with the Start with X suite.
- As you play you will notice areas you cannot access. These require you to have unlocked Runes and require multiple playthroughs.
- The Major Runes are located at Promenade of the Condemned, Toxic Sewers (part of the prisoner quest), Ossuary, and Slumbering Sanctuary.
- You can use your right thumb-stick to pan the camera around to avoid traps or spot enemies.
- Don’t stress the speedrun doors until you’ve gotten good at navigating the maps.
- Do use the speedrun doors to grind out things you’d like to unlock asap once you’re comfortable. The rewards are better than anything (other than scrolls) you’ll have found in the preceding level by continuing to explore instead. This especially applies to the first door.
Recommended for You
- None Found