Before you play the Dragon’s Crown game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Save the side quests until you’re told you have to destroy runes to reach the ancient dragon. The reason is because you’ll have to revisit the dungeons anyway so you can knock out several related quests at once.
- Don’t worry about skill points. Between the quests and 99 255 level cap you’ll be swimming.
- If you don’t have access to the internet, try to find some way to update the game. The patches add a ton of actual content and helpful options to the game including the ability to skip the “intro” portions when you start a new character and respec potions.
- The first half of the starting campaign is an introduction. The real game begins when you have to find runes to defeat the ancient dragon. This is also when you unlock multiplayer and there’s no reason not to play the game with the online options turned on unless you’re doing a specific quest.
- When you beat the game on normal you get a piece of your character’s backstory. You must then beat the game two more times on higher difficulties to truly finish it. There’s an additional 9-level dungeon and an Ultimate difficulty with a randomized endgame dungeon so there’s a lot of content here but it’s gradually unlocked. That’s why I say don’t stress the side quests. The game can get really repetitive if you try to do everything on one playthrough.
- Your class skills are more important than the generic skills with the exception of Deep Pockets and Evasion. Deep Pockets lets you hotkey more stuff and Evasion is required to survive on higher difficulties. The level cap is 255 now so I’m pretty sure you get everything. For melee classes the power smash (circle) ability is your best attack because you’re invincible during the attack and it does a shit ton of damage.
- Evasion is your life blood. When the screen turns into a chaotic mess then mash evade. You’re likely to trigger invincibility frames or find yourself in the confusion. This game gets hectic.
- Some quests require defeating a number of enemies. Enemies are random but appear in certain frequencies in different levels. If you’re looking for fucking owlbears then go to Ancient Ruins Path B but run away when the medusa appears.
Recommended for You
- None Found