Before you play the Dust: An Elysian Tail game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Play on Tough or harder – Normal is incredibly boring and easy.
- Learn how to parry (hold X when your opponent is about to hit you), as it stuns your opponent and it makes fighting the big guys really easy.
- There’s a pair of achievements that you’re only supposed to get one of in a playthrough, so if you want to 100% it keep a save before you decide whether to use poison ivy in a sidequest or not. Do it for one, leave without doing it for the other.
- If you find a material that the store doesn’t stock yet, sell it to them even if it’s your only one. They’ll restock it fairly quickly.
- All the best endgame gear requires large quantities of Dog Tags, which are extremely rare and which the shop restocks on extremely slowly. If you care at all about using the best weapons and armour, get a dog tag from the final area and sell it before backtracking to clean out all the remaining treasures and sidequests; this will give the shop enough time to stock up on them.
- Defence is worth a lot more than HP. More HP means you can take more hits; more defence means you can take more hits and healing items are proportionally more effective.
- You can hotkey healing items, but you can also open the inventory screen at any time and use as many as you like from there while the game is paused.
- The shop stocks a total of 6 keys. If you get every free-floating key in the game, you will still need two of these to open all the chests. That said, it’s worth buying all six as soon as you can; it’ll let you get some treasures sooner than you would otherwise.