Orcs Must Die! 3 - Official FAQ
Updated: July 25, 2021
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat languages are supported?
The following languages are available in Voiceover & Text:
- English (USA)
- French (France)
- Spanish (Spain)
The following languages are available in Text only:
Does the game support colorblind mode?
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Simplified Chinese
Does the game have controller support?
- While the game does not have a colorblind mode, it has been made with colorblind individuals in mind. It has been playtested by colorblind developers as well. If you find any issues related to colorblindness in ‘Orcs Must Die! 3’, please reach out to us and we will attempt to remedy the issues.
Will Split-Screen be available?
- Yes, Orcs Must Die! 3 has full support for controllers.
- Split-screen will not be available for Orcs Must Die! 3 at this time.
Payment ModelWhat payment model does Orcs Must Die! 3 have?
Are there any special editions of the game?
- The game is running on a one-time-purchase payment model. You will purchase the game, and optionally expansions. Once purchased, all content related to the purchase is available.
Is there anything I am able to buy in-game (with real money)?
- There are no special editions of Orcs Must Die! 3 at this time.
Will there be any Downloadable Content (DLC) to Orcs Must Die! 3?
- Orcs Must Die! 3 has no content in-game which requires a real money purchase. In the future we may release paid Downloadable Content (DLC), which would require a purchase to be able to play the extra content.
- Yes, there will be both paid and free expansions in the future. Our first expansion (Drastic Steps) will be free with the release of the game!
Legacy ContentHas any content returned from previous titles? Will any (more) in the future?
- Orcs Must Die! 3 has characters, lore, traps, minions, and weapons from previous titles - however no maps from previous titles at this time (though perhaps some that look eerily similar). We do enjoy the classic content from the Orcs Must Die! series as much as you do, so some classic content may make a return.
GameplayIs there a Cooperative mode? How many players can play together?
Is there a PvP Mode (Can we have Siege back)? Will I get to play offense at all? Is there one planned for the future?
- There is two player cooperative. We currently have no plans to extend this past two players.
Is Endless in Orcs Must Die! 3? How does it work?
- No, there is not a PvP mode in Orcs Must Die! 3. This also means there will be no playing offense. There are simply too many orcs invading - Warmages are all busy maintaining the defense of the rifts. We have no plans to implement one in the future at this time.
What should I expect regarding new game modes?
- Endless mode is back! It will feature many of the maps played in the campaign. It is not needed to progress in the story, and the maps are unlocked in Endless as you complete them in the campaign. As waves progress in Endless, the coin you earn for getting kills becomes less and less, while the enemies you encounter become harder and more terrifying by dealing more damage and gaining increased health and movement speed.
Will War Scenarios be mandatory?
- Orcs Must Die! 3 currently features Weekly Challenges, Endless Mode, and will have a new Scramble mode on July 23rd! We’re always thinking about new game mode types as well, so there may be more in the future.
Will there be any limited time events as the game goes on?
- Yes, War Scenarios play a pivotal role in the campaign. With that said, the campaign is available on all difficulties, so if a War Scenario proves to be too challenging you can always complete it on an easier difficulty.
- None are planned at this time, but we may consider them in the future.
CharactersHow many characters can we play as?
Are the characters customizable? Are there skins available for the characters?
- The game begins with 2 characters, and unlocks 4 additional characters over time.
Is there a character progression system?
- No, characters are not customizable. There are skins available for the characters, and we plan to continue supporting the game with skins and other vanity items.
Do guardians still exist? How do they work?
- No, there is not a character progression system within Orcs Must Die! 3.
Does the game have bosses? Do we see specific minions with special abilities?
- Yes, there are guardians in Orcs Must Die! 3. Guardians work similarly to Orcs Must Die! 2, where they are a trap that can be placed on the battlefield. Currently there are Guardian Archers for regular scenarios, and Bank of Archers, Priestess, and Knight for War Scenarios.
What minions are in the game? What about my favorites - Flyers? Goblin Tinkerers? Swiftyhooves?! Bears!?!
- War Scenarios do have stronger minions with special abilities included to make the war scenarios even harder.
What about minion factions? Are any Orcs from pirate ships or the cold north returning?
- Orcs Must Die! 3 has many enemies in it, including Orcs, Ogres, Kobolds, Gnolls, Cyclops Mages, Fire and Earth Elementals, and Fire Fiends. The ‘Drastic Steps’ expansion has introduced flyers, and there is really no saying where the future development may take us.
- We love Orc factions as much as our fans, so this depends where future development leads us.
Traps and LoreDoes the game have new traps? Will it have more in the future?
Is there a trap limit / trap cap?
- Yes! The game has 23 traps returning from previous titles and another 19 that are entirely unique to Orcs Must Die! 3. We are sure to keep upping this number with future updates.
Is Orcs Must Die! Unchained considered canon? Also, where does the story pick up?
- There is no trap limit in the game currently. However, this does not mean we may not use one in certain areas of the game at a later time.
- No, that story is not canon. Orcs Must Die! 3 is set some time after the ending of Orcs Must Die! 2.
Take some of this information with a grain of salt as it's gathered from non-affiliated sources:
- War Scenarios are large scale maps with hundreds of orcs charging at the player outside the fortresses. The player can utilize special traps called "War Machines" on these maps.
- Orcs Must Die! 3 was released exclusively on Google Stadia for 1 year before coming to consoles and PC, there are plenty of gameplay videos and information about the game if you're on the fence about whether or not you want to buy it.
- In the base game there are a total of 18 levels (Not featuring the Drastic Steps expansion), 5 of which are War Scenarios and 13 of which normal scenarios
- The Drastic Steps exapansion adds: A New Story Campaign, 4 New Scenarios, 1 New War Scenario, 6 Elemental Flyers, Chromatica Flyer, Ceiling Laser Trap, Wall Saw Blade, Launcher Trap, Priestess War Guardian, Knight War Guardian, Arcane Staff Weapon, Broadsword Weapon, 1 New Endless Map, 3 Hero Skins. The Drastic Steps expansion will be released for free with the launch of OMD3 on PC and consoles.
- There is currently a total of 36 traps, 12 weapons, 6 trinkets, 6 characters and 32 unique enemies.
Recommended for You:
You May Also Like: