Before you play the Eastshade game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- In order to travel beyond the first area, you need a one-time fee of 60 glowstones (the local currency) for the toll bridge. Don’t buy any of the innkeeper’s drinks until you can afford that.
- If you still need more quests for that toll bridge: give the captain a portrait of her wrecked ship, give the innkeeper a portrait of the midday eclipse, talk to the patron inside the inn, talk to the fisher close to the toll bridge OR when leaving the village follow the left road until you see someone sitting next to a tree (close to a hammock). The latter will buy feathers from you.
- You can’t travel at night because of the cold. You buy a special drink to keep you warm, but it might be easier to just wait until you can afford a warm coat from a merchant in Nava. Until then you can rely on inns to sleep until the sun start shining.
- Your best source of cash is doing commission paintings for the art gallery in Nava. The person running the gallery will also sell you painting canvases and fabric.
- Another merchant in Nava will buy everything for a single glowstone each, but I suggest saving those red scragweeds for a different person who will buy them at a better price.
- In the west you’ll frequently find blue flowers. Three of them can be combined using a kettle and a fire to create a tea that will allow you to fast travel to a destination. The lady who asks you to fish has those at her campsite for example. Save before fast traveling though, the game sometimes bugs out when you arrive at your new destination.
- One of the final commission paintings asks for a snow landscape. You are not able to fulfill this request in the icey North of the map. You will need a specific location.