Before you play the Everspace game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Use missles/consumables often.
- Don’t be afraid to upgrade your gear (but keep in mind your upgrades are locked in for your current run).
- To get in locked doors, you need an access key which can be obtained by killing “elite” fighters (represented by a skull icon); they are one time use items that persist through your current run (i.e., you don’t have to use it in the same area/sector you find it in). If you ever get offered a chance to “bypass” the locks for the rest of your run at a special upgrade centers, take it; it’s easily the most valuable limited-time upgrade.
- Beam laser mk3 is pretty much the best weapon.
- Focus on credit/loot chance percentage upgrades before anything else (except maybe movement speed).
- Try to pick off drones before engaging fighters/Corvettes.
- Don’t be afraid to run and hide behind some asteroids while your shield is popped/recharging.
- Finally, if something goes horribly wrong in an area, don’t be afraid to save & quit before you die. When you reload, you’ll restart from when you entered the area.