Before you play the F-Zero GX game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don’t spend all your time on the story mode. In fact, maybe attempt to beat it once on normal difficulty. The real fun of this game is in Grand Prix.
- Each ship handles differently: find one you like.
- The easiest ship setup is ‘A’ or ‘B’ for boost, ‘D’ for body, and ‘B’ for handling. Also, it’s mid weight so like 1500-1700 (Also, you can adjust a ship’s engine from acceleration-focused to max speed-focused, don’t ever go less than 75% in the direction of max speed ever).
- If none of the character ships are to your liking, you can create your own, but this requires some playthroughs to get better parts.
- If your using the kind of ship setup I like, there is hardly any need to use the shoulder buttons while turning. You may need to press in the same direction a couple times, but the skid turn where you press “R” and Left or vice-versa is useless.
- There are 30 people on the track, you don’t need first in each race. In fact, you don’t need top 6 in each race. Learn to be offensive and take out your rivals and you can pretty much guarantee a win.
- Seriously, don’t bother with story mode unless you’re a masochist.
- Stats don’t necessarily mean everything in this game. Just take your time to find the right vehicle, you could also tinker around a lot with custom parts in the shop. I managed to beat all GP’s on Master difficulty with a C-A-D vehicle. Not all is lost if you can’t beat story mode on hard to get the best parts.