Before you play the Final Fantasy III game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- There are a number of dungeons in which all your characters will have to be mage classes, so make sure everyone knows a bit of magic.
- The game often forces classes on you. You will need to be mages at times (as above), dragoons for at least one boss, and magic knights for a number of mid to end-game dungeons.
- There will come a point in which you need to fly your airship over a large city in order to advance the plot.
- Your characters get better at their jobs as their job level goes up. Increased job level also reduces the point cost of transitioning into and out of that job.
- By and large your job-changing points aren’t a problem unless you are at the endgame and changing everyone’s job at once.
- The final dungeon is cruel. It is very long and there are no save points. Take it slowly—get some treasure, leave and save. Accomplish an objective, leave and save. Grind a few levels, leave and save. And do the side quest; the rewards are basically necessary to beat the last boss.
- The point of no return is when you examine a mirror in a room with many statues and no music. But you will have to do another couple of dungeon levels before the last boss.
- Not long after obtaining the Scholar job there is a dungeon where they really want you to use a Scholar for the boss (since it keeps changing it’s elemental weakness). However, don’t make the mistake of turning your Black Mage into a Scholar. Have either both of them represented or just the Black Mage.