This is a solution that comes from back when Control was having stuttering issues with DX12. I just tried it out and it works. The game seems to need some more optimizations in regards to overall performance but for now this definitely makes a difference.
- Click on the Windows Start Menu, search for Exploit Protection and open it.
- In the new window click on the Program Settings tab.
- Click + Add Program to Customize.
- Select Exact File Path.
- Navigate to steamappscommonThe AscentTheAscentBinariesWin64 and select TheAscent-Win64-Shipping.exe.
- In the window that appears scroll down to Control Flow Guard.
- Check in Override System Settings, turn the setting off, then click Apply.