Before you play the Folklore game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Some folks are particularly weak against some other folks. Some of these relations are depicted in the picture book. Otherwise, use a Folklore wiki if you get stuck. This effect is most obvious in the underwater world. In the rest of the game you can typically kill by brute force as well.
- To upgrade your folks, if the game says kill x folk A with folk B, don't take the id away but keep on pounding folk A until it really dies.
- You don't need to upgrade/grind every folk. Folks which attack in groups (2 or 3) are always very good to grind towards. Grind also the folks which are needed for the boss fights.
- You can target/lock-on specific folks. I forgot myself about this one and the game became brutal.
- You need to play both as Keith and Ellen to finish the story of the game.
- The levels with Keith are shorter and he has less folks to control.
- Choose a character and stick with him/her until the story demands you choose the other.
- The story and the cut scenes get better in the late game.