Before you play the Mafia III game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- There is a hidden loyalty system for your underbosses. Its based purely upon how you divy up rackets and districts, so if you want to piss someone off make them do the work of securing rackets then give the entire district to someone else. This affects the story if you go to an extreme, and the endings a bit depending on other choices.
- The enemy AI is atrocious, and can be baited one by one through doorways or killzones. They’re a bit slow to react to grenades, and you can shoot destroyable terrain or objects with a silenced weapon and they wont notice.
- There are far too many enemies in most missions to take on without either spending a ton of time in stealth, exploiting their AI or calling in friends.
- Buying a gun from the arms dealer is more like buying a license. That weapon becomes free permanently.
- I found the consigliere upgrades through the Italian underboss a huge help, because later on she will also pick up any kickback money you have waiting as well as depositing cash on hand for you.
- Even if you find some of the radio stations or their personalities or guests annoying, I think the story plays better if you get more exposure. Try to suffer through them for a little bit at least.
- You don’t need any car upgrades to win the races, though the rewards for doing them isn’t anything special. If you want to break the records you may need the passive upgrades from the various Underbosses, specific gear tuning is overkill.