Before you play the Magicka game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Play with some buddies, you lose out on a lot if you play it solo.
- Don't try to use electricity magic when you're wet. Put yourself out with a self-cast (middle click) fire first. The opposite applies, as well, but generally speaking, being wet is much more dangerous than being on fire.
- Self-casting shield gives you a barrier that prevents all magic (friendly and otherwise) from getting in. Use it wisely.
- Beams (Arcane) are amazing. Just don't cross the streams (unless you're being very careful to all use the same elements, in which case, cross away.)
- Elements combine in interesting ways. Try things out.
- A combination that's worthless when cast one way can become absolutely gamebreaking when cast another.
- Earth (x3) + Cold + Shield can buy you some time to think.
- When you're low on health, spam Earth + Life and middle click.
- You will meet a large, fast enemy type late game who will chase you down and insta-kill you. Use water, then cold to freeze them solid, then use Speed and run like hell.