Before you play the Maneater game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Collectibles give off a sonar ping noise which you can hear at a fair distance as long as you’re underwater.
- ABC: Always Be Chompin. There is no downside to eating any and all prey animals that cross your path.
- Tailwhip has a ton of uses. Jump up onto or next to hunter boats and tailwhip the crew off all at once instead of trying to eat them one by one. Grab an enemy, thrash it until it’s about to escape, then tailwhip it into the ground. Grab smaller fish and tailwhip them into a tough enemy; this is a huge help for dealing with alligators while you’re still a teen.
- XP is based on nutrients collected, which means the Digestion upgrades will also level you up a bit faster. Get those gains
- Mash the chomp button during a jump for added height.
- Eat humans to attract hunters, fight hunters to increase your infamy until a named hunter shows up, and defeat them for Bio-Electric parts that come with electric damage and stun effects.
- Complete hunt missions in a region and kill the apex predators that appear for Bone parts that provide extra defense and a ton of bonuses against boats. You can’t get at the Fawtick Bayou apex predator right away–you have to advance through Dead Horse Lake until some more bayou hunts unlock.
- Find 100% of landmarks in a region for Shadow parts that give you increased mobility and poison abilities. The Shadow Teeth in particular are fantastic for general use, with extra damage and a heal effect every time you chomp something, not just when you finish eating it.