Before you play the Metal Gear Survive game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The game doesn't tell you this, but if you fill your hunger and thirst meters to 100%, you will become satiated and they won't drain for a few minutes.
- You start the game with some medical items in the base storage.
- Wounds like bruises and lacerations will eventually disappear on their own if you don't/can't heal them.
- Unlocking the dodge move makes melee combat much less onerous.
- Ammo is very sparse and you should try to avoid using it at all costs unless you are doing a base defense mission or you picked it up inside a MP match.
- Any materials brought into MP games are consumed on use, in that you don't make "copies", you have to make new ones between matches. Additionally materials found in MP matches go into a global pool, not a personal inventory.
- Spears can stab through fences, but more direct weapons generally work better and are more fun. Backstabbing zeds is very easy because they move slowly, especially the very tank-y ones with the giant heads.
- Farms are very good and useful
- Locations repopulate their pickups after a set period of time, you can do rounds through the teleporters to get loads of materials.
- Resources and items are forever. This means that even if you overwrite your progress and start a new playthrough, anything you've found or made stays with you permanently, until you use or lose it in some other fashion anyway. Think of it as a New Game Plus you can initiate at will. There is no reason why you should ever need or want to have more than one save slot.
- Beeline the story missions until you can boil water. After that you can slow down a bit, but the game still works best when you feel harried for supplies.
- All the cool shit is locked behind finding containers or random rewards from multiplayer or solo digs.
- You can't unlock teleporters early if you somehow stumble across them.
- Getting lost with a damaged oxygen tank isn't a big deal. You can restore your oxygen levels even when the tank is at 0% integrity, it just costs more.