Before you play the Miasmata game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You can only hold one item of each type at once, so there’s no point making tons of health pills.
- Learn to triangulate, and do it to every head statue you can see (and even the ones you can’t. Going pixel hunting for heads helps you map).
- At the very beginning you head north-ish, and the path splits in two (going east and west). Going east will explore the smaller area, going west is the rest of the game.
- When you take damage your illness gets worse. There’s no actual health system. This means when you’re cured you are invincible.
- Never be out in the woods at night. You will get lost, fall off a cliff and die.
- As long as you look for notes in the research stations you find, keep exploring new areas, and keep a mental checklist of what plant looks new, you won’t ever get stuck not knowing what to do.
- If you have the notes (so you have an idea what to look for), try to prioritize getting the ’emphasis’ medicines, as they give you huge, permanent buffs.
- The beast isn’t really that dangerous in the day.
- There is a fan patch that fixes the achievements on the steam forums, as many of them are broken.