Before you play the Mirror’s Edge game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- If you have the PC version, use a gamepad.
- It’s basically a 3d platformer in the guise of an fps. Try and plot the fastest/coolest course from point A to point B. The police are just another obstacle, and it’s safest to neutralize them quickly or avoid them entirely.
- There is a cutscene where you will be expected to mash the disarm button, without any notice or instruction. If you don’t do this, a bad thing happens. It should be obvious when the moment presents itself.
- It’s important to keep up your momentum. Moving fast helps you complete difficult jumps and escape danger.
- Disarming, sliding kicks and 3-punch combos are all effective and quick ways of downing opponents, but they all slow you down, which usually leads to death if you don’t have a plan for where to go next.
- The above advice works for most of the game, but later on there there are some insanely frustrating difficulty spikes in areas filled with opponents. I’m not sure if they were shoehorned in to make it seem like more of a generic fps, but the easiest solution in those situations is to find somebody carrying a SAW, disarm them and shoot everything dead.