Before you play the Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- It starts out with like four or five gathering quests in a row, IIRC. After that you don’t have to do any more gathering quests, so stick with it for the first two hours.
- All weapons are viable, try them all and use the ones that speak to you.
- If this is your first non-MHW monster hunter game, you might need to go watch some youtube stuff about it, because it’s fundamentally very different (and way less user friendly).
- There are huge differences weapons and huge between the weapons’ styles. Valor style is probably going to be “best” on a lot of weapons, but you can make anything fun. Aerial greastsword and hammer for instance are just constantly jumping in the air and smashing things with a big weapon. Detailed info on styles/weapons is going to be a ‘Go to youtube’ thing.
- If you get stuck on a monster, try different styles / hunter arts.
- Check your minimap in town after each hunt. Any place with a speech bubble on it has a person you can talk to to progress the ‘story’. Doing that is important to unlocking features, hunts, overall progression.
- Redeeming all the downloadable addon nonsense will get you an absolute ton of money and supplies that will make your start in the game a *lot* easier.
- There are two main sections to the game, a single player (village) part and an online guild hall part. Village hunt monsters have less HP and that’s where you should generally focus to start.
- Because the game design is old as hell, progression is tied to completing a specific subset of quests (generally called key quests / urgent quests by the community).