Before you play the Planescape: Torment game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- PS:T is a game of dialogue so keep speaking to everyone, including your own companions. This is one title where Friends is a more useful spell than Magic Missile.
- Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma in that order are the most important stats in the game as they unlock the most conversation options. You can learn to be a Mage by doing a quest in Ragpicker’s Square, making the other combat stats even less important.
- Make sure you retrieve both your abilities (Raise Dead and Stories-Bones-Tell) by speaking to Deionarra on the ground floor of the Mortuary and Stale Mary in the Dead Nation, respectively.
- Dying is not the end. If you die, don’t reload – roll with it.
- Don’t be afraid to join a faction. You can always leave them and join another once you’ve finished all their quests.
- Some items worth keeping include a Hammer, a Prybar and one piece of junk. On the more unique end the Bronze Sphere and Soego’s Skull are also have an use later.
- Fell the tattoo artist is worth coming back to regularly, as you progress through quests he’ll offer more tattoos and experience rewards. Should you find a certain severed arm, that’s also worth bringing back to him and letting Dak’kon translate it when you do.
- Morte’s teeth can be upgraded. Ingress, who will be northwest of where you emerge from the Mortuary, has the first set you can get.