Before you play the Pokemon Sun and Moon game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- HMs, Item Finder, and Bicycle are dead, and replaced with Ride Pokemon that you can call whenever you need.
- There are multiple Fly-to spots in each area, though you may need to zoom in on the area to differentiate between them.
- While looking at your dudes’ stats, you can press Y and see it’s IV (I believe) and EV distribution.
- Using Honey no longer makes hordes appear. It does seem like it attracts those rarer “5% chance of appearing” types though.
- Z-crystals are infinite use and you can hand them out to whoever you’d like to hold them. They still only work one time while battling though.
- Giving that Munchlax/Snorlax and Amulet Coin and doing Happy Hour will stack to net you 4x prize money.
- Make sure your Pikachu learns Volt Tackle before you evolve it into kickin’ rad surfin’ Raichu.
- You can buy both the Skull and Cover Fossil from the guy in the rock shop. Don’t let him fool you with his “one per customer” tricks.
- QR Reader will take any ol QR code, I’ve found. No guarantees on which if any pokedex entries it unlocks. Scanning any 10 codes will let you do an Island Scan which, depending on the island you use it on and the day of the week, plops a rare pokemon down on the island. This is an easy way to get foreign starters, and if your timing is right you can nab a Totodile on the very first island.
- You can access Poke Pelago after you get Ride Charizard from the 3rd captain you fight. This is where the timer-based stuff lives. Between this and Festival Plaza (which replaces PPS or whatever it was called) you can grind out all kinds of stat increases, levels, happiness, and hard to find items.
Recommended for You
- None Found