Before you play the Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The Macro command makes trash fights go a lot faster.
- Macro commands execute in the order entered, so put the slowest character last in the macro or faster characters will wait for them to act
- There’s a bunch of powerful combo attacks triggered by having multiple characters use certain skills at the same time; most of these are not documented in game.
- Macros are great for these combos too, and work best if you put the slowest character in the combo first, as that reduces the chance of enemies interrupting the combo halfway through.
- Characters can equip a shield in each hand to send their defense through the roof; this prevents them from using their regular attack, but that’s no big loss for spellcasters.
- When you get your first big spellcaster, keep the Wooden Cane that person comes with: when used as an item in battle it restores a modest amount of HP. You can even make it part of a macro, and the person using it will automatically use it on whoever needs it most. This is perfect for keeping yourself topped off while giving a spellcaster (particularly one equipped with two shields) something to do when they don’t need to cast.
- When you’re fighting a pain in the ass regular enemy, don’t forget that a lot of your characters have Skills that cause instant death or status effects – those types of abilities are often forgotten in other RPGs, since they tend to be useless during boss fights and use valuable MP/whatever, but since Skills in this game have their own set number of individual uses, you might as well use them.
Recommended for You
- None Found